Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Freedom from religion


Why does Newt want to govern my life? It is not my business who, or how many times Newt marries. He, and the government he advocates, should not be concerned about who or how many times I or anyone else marries.
I am disgusted with the way the “Republican base” continues to fawn over self-loving hypocrites. Gingrich certainly is no role model for the sanctity of marriage that he advocates. He and his ilk are all for freedom for their religion, but they have no truck with freedom from religion.
I would like to believe that Newt’s doubling down for the Iowa Fundamentalist Caucus-goers is just another instance of saying whatever it takes to get elected, but he has a history of implementing his positions; even to protect America from bogeymen that do not exist. That should frighten thinking people.

No comments:

Post a Comment